self adhesive velcro

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I'm not a big fan of velcro but thought the above might be a good simple solution to secure a couple of open pockets on a waistcoat that's handy for hot weather walking.

My question: does the adhesive stick well to fabric (cotton/linen)? My worry is that the attraction between the hooks and loops will be stronger than the adhesive to the material and the stuff will be pulled off.

Rich.H

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2010
N.Ireland
My gf works in a fabric shop where they sell this, and I can confidently say it is next to useless. I have tried it only with things like flat plastic or such. Even then the velcro has a tendency to pull everything away if your not careful. I tried also leaving it in a warm place to aid the adhesive with no luck, so for using on fabric I would be suprised if it even lasted one or two velcro rips.

Save the cash and get a needle & thread.

jim.b

Maker Plus
Jul 3, 2013
hull
id advise if your going to stich it dont use the sticky back stuff or you will end up with sticky crap all over your needles, we use it here at work and most of the time we use a staple gun to keep it in place as its only for a day or so depending on what we have in.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I've always thought that it was sticky to hold it in place whist you sew it on. I've used it that way and not had the needles clag up.

+1 for the durability of the adhesive.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE