Seeking Answer, Anvil Identification? from OZ

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TKM

Apr 19, 2024
Australia
Hi There,
I'm a new member with a question, as I recently acquired 5cwt 0 14oz (around 300Kgs) Anvil, as I have been looking one for some years, I would like to find any history of the UK maker or foundry who might of made this goliath.

Only marks are as follows > one side reads LINLE TTS & Co Bermin ham (which i think it should be Bermingham) the other side 5 0 14 (i take this to be the weight).

I would be very interested to lean more !!!

Over the years I have made some cast copies small PW furrower anvils from SG Iron, they have worked well.

In early February each year in NSW there's a group, that meets on a guy's property next to the upper Shoalhaven river.

All blacksmiths & enthusiasts who enjoy working with metal. The meeting is call Iron Corroboree is started over 30 years ago, so shaping of metal has been a fascination for me in all forms other many years, I'm still a beginner.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE