Seasonal produce ideas- raiding natures larder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harmonica

Forager
Jul 16, 2006
Clara Vale, Tyne and Wear
Hi all,

Recently i have been enjoying the summer harvest by making jams, chutneys and so on to stock up the larder for the coming months. Its got me thinking about what else i could do.

So far i have made tomato chutney, elderflower champagne, bilberry jam, bramble jelly and a big batch of soup for teh freezer with my hom,e grown vegatables which were too damaged to store (read stabbed with my fork as i dug them up!).

I am also planning to make some Rowan Jelly quite soon. My question is, what else can i make?

Thanks

Harmonica

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
wild apple pies, blackberry compot, Elderberry conserve/jam, Get some cheap meat from your butcher and make stews for the freezer. pick a couple kgs of blackberries, freeze them on trays (one layer of berries at a time) that way when they are frozen you can bag them up and they are not in a huge lump. add to hot porrage for breakfast, or add to apple pies and ice scream for a winter treat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE