Scottish Exped - August

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Growing up on Knoydart we always used Autan - that's the old school heavy duty Deet up to your eyeballs stuff. Works a treat, can't say it did me much harm but maybe I was lucky. Here's a run down of Deet related ill effects:

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/consultations/deet/health-effects.html

I think as long as you're sensible, not a child, not pregnant, and stop using it if you get any side effects - it is probably safer than a lot of people suggest it might be. But that's just my opinion.

I've never worn one of those net bags over my head - and never will either.

There's a new Autan stuff though, and it's deet free, organic and it works :approve: well, it does on me :)

cheers,
M

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Just had a thought, I'm actually going to have to wear trousers instead of shorts aren't I :/ ah well I've scared enough people with my legs this year already.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Well, maybe not. It's as Colin says, the blighters aren't there all of the day, just the shady bit at the beginning and evening, and even then, a slight breeze and you're safe. Besides, so far, touch every wood in the country, they've not been a problem this year. Hard Winter and a hot, dry Spring :D
HWMBLT spent four days last week camping in Perthshire and there were none at all where he was.
I think I'd pack trousers, or at least shorts with zip on legs, but you'll get away with your usual attire most of the time I'd expect :D

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE