Scots at the Moot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Wish i was going the Moot now, there's a sweet shop in widnes that does tablet but its not a patch on yours Mary!
i'll have to do next year, i'll make sure i mark it down ;)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
They'll overcook it so that it goes hard and lasts longer; homemade is definitely best :)
Good stuff should be pale, like shortbread is compared to biscuits.

cheers,
M

listenclear

Nomad
Aug 19, 2008
East lothian
Ahhh Scots corner... Last year was my forst moot. Turned up wondering if we'd meet any other Scots only to find that we'd walked into Scots corner quite by accident :)and had a great time! You just cannae beat the banter ;)
Or the tablet for that matter :D;):p

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Tablet... haunts my dreams does that stuff, you could bring about world peace with Toddy's tablet!
Toddy - Can I trade you for some original tablet :) pretty please! I don't know what I'll trade tho, you have everything! I am planning on making some coil baskets out of hay if you would like?

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
These rumours are worrying me .......???
I've seen the naughty corner ...........and I've heard the songs too :eek: :D

atb,
M

It seems this year the Scots were......shall we say "evicted" for riotous behaviour unbecoming of civilised folk and the "Feral Scots" were sent to the naughty corner to learn some manners lol :D

To be honest James' rendition of "The last of the summer wine" did it.... Like setting a firework off under Tonys bum !! :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:eek: :rolleyes:

"A roving band of dispossessed feral Scots invaded naughty corner".
.......quote Maddave, morning Mods meeting :lmao:
My fault :eek: I asked Jamie to play, he was leaving the next morning, but I'd no idea it'd gotten so late on.
At least we don't bring the bodhrans too.

cheers,
Mary

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
For those wonderin', I've taken some photos of my stay in the Scottish corner, where I was made really welcome. IMO, the naughty corner has a kind of "festival" feel...the Scottish corner doesn't.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
It seems this year the Scots were......shall we say "evicted" for riotous behaviour unbecoming of civilised folk and the "Feral Scots" were sent to the naughty corner to learn some manners lol :D

To be honest James' rendition of "The last of the summer wine" did it.... Like setting a firework off under Tonys bum !! :D

yup thats what did it naughty naughty me

and Mary it is always a pleasure to play for you just got to watch the time next year and start the leaving party a few hours earlier :)

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
:eek: :rolleyes:

"A roving band of dispossessed feral Scots invaded naughty corner".
.......quote Maddave, morning Mods meeting :lmao:
My fault :eek: I asked Jamie to play, he was leaving the next morning, but I'd no idea it'd gotten so late on.
At least we don't bring the bodhrans too.

cheers,
Mary

Got a nice new sign for your corner for 2011

2954e44.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
No, no, no...........Rab's an urbanised Scot.....from one of the Scot's Reservations, i.e. Housing schemes.
The feral ones are the wanderers, the ones who get out of the towns and cities and explore the rest of the country :D
:D

cheers,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh dearie me :rolleyes:
His feileadh mor's a disgrace.

Okay, just you wait and see.........you do know that we're allowed sharps as part of our National Dress ??
Sgian dubh, sgian ochlas, dirk and claymore :D :evilgrin:

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE