Scandi bevel jig?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
Hi everyone. I just got my new draper bench sander. It is pretty awesome, expept that I can no longer grind the bevels the way I used to (roll eyes). I am sure that i always used to see jigs and such that could be used to put a scandi bevel on.

N.B. The bench sander I am using is not vertical, but operates at a slight angle away fromt the user.

I have googled, but the only jigs I can find are for verrtical linishers/sanders.

Thank you,
Ph34r

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
you could always just practice doing it freehand? I know it's a radical solution, but seems to have worked for cutlers for hundred of years!

sorry, didn't mean to be rude.

I'm sure most of the jigs could be modified to fit your grinder?

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
Used to do freehand with a file/ then lighter file/ then lighter file then sandpaper. It takes too long!
most of the jigs are ridiculously complicated + i would like to use th echeapest version possible.

Tenderfoot
Dec 9, 2009
england
all it takes is a bit of imagination, some meccano and a hole on the sander to mount the jig
its a small jig mounted to the side of a b&d power file, fully adjustable ( you u can have it from 90 degrees to 1 degree) easy to take off and easy to change belts ( you dont have to take the jig off to change the belt, thats why i only mounted it on 1 side using 3 sections of meccano to make it nice and sturdy)

Image0101.jpg

Image0102.jpg

Image0103.jpg

Image0105.jpg

:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE