Trip Report Saved by the sun.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
A trip of a few days ago, a break from all things nautical and a chance to spend a few nights in a greenwood some distance from home and close to high ground where this lovely musical river has it's source.

I know Himalayan Balsam is an invasive species and attacked with vigour by those who seek to prevent it's spread, but I think it is a beautiful plant and was happy to see that here it grew freely, and in differing shades of colour too.

If the old folk saying is correct about a heavy Berry crop signifying a hard Winter..Better get yer snow shoes ready :laugh:

My usual routine is, decide on campsite, check area, drop Bergan and get a brew on...
Disaster!!!
A small leak in an ill fitted water bottle top had soaked my brew kit....or part of it..the part between life and death for me..So it was instant action required..So glad the Sun is hot..

Yes, I know real Bush Crafters dry Deer/Fox/Rabbit skins, but I'm just an old Geezer who camps in the Woods, and I need Tea.. :roflmao:
Using the Backwoods Bungalow this trip, my verdict after 3 nights, good tent for sheltered area 3 season camping, in my opinion.

Tucked away but within lullaby sound of the river, but quite Midgy as each day faded, so smokey fire time in the evenings

A nice trip, away from the world for 3 nights. The tea bags didn't suffer too badly from their pre dunking, they just needed to be submerged for slightly longer to make a drinkable brew. :laugh:..:thumbsup:

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
If the old folk saying is correct about a heavy Berry crop signifying a hard Winter..Better get yer snow shoes ready
Interesting is it really that way? Here a rowan can't carry the weights of berries and snow in the same year, meaning that a lot of berries "causes" little snow. :)

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
I think that the Scientists can prove there is little truth in the saying,TLM, but here the saying applies to all Berry bearing trees/plants, not just the Rowan. Holly, Hawthorn and many others, if they fruit well cause some people to predict a hard Winter.

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
I think that the Scientists can prove there is little truth in the saying,TLM, but here the saying applies to all Berry bearing trees/plants, not just the Rowan. Holly, Hawthorn and many others, if they fruit well cause some people to predict a hard Winter.
Last year we had a very good crop of rowan berries and an awful lot of snow. So the old saying did not hold too well. :oops:

Reactions: saxonaxe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE