SAS Smock (Ventile)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
Not ventile but a bargain, I have one and I'm very happy with it.
SAS Kit Carry Sniper Smockhttp://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/sas-kit-carry-sniper-smock---olive-green-399-p.asp

jipe

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2011
France
No. This smock is of poor quality (made in china), sorry.

I search for Ventile (or similar tightly woven cotton) only. I want the best.

Last edited:

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
The SAS windproof in ventile is like rocking house a company called Survival Aids used to sell them than thay sold there stock to Silvermans in London the problem was the ventile didn't hold the DPM patten well and looked very red,

SASS used to make them in there clone ventile .

But the early cotton gabardine SAS windproof smock in cotton gabadine takes some beating dries fast and very comfy .

Lots of copy out there though as you may know

Twodogs

Last edited:

jipe

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2011
France
I already know it. I remember that 'Bison Bushcraft' company make their authentic Ventile smock too in the past... but impossible to find now on the market. It's a pity...

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
SASS used to make them in there clone ventile .

Minor correction SASS made three in real branded Ventile

Spacemonkey had the first (and matching trousers) and I had the second. Can't remember who got the third. They only made them because they got half a roll of Ventile in a deal.

...and no, its not for sale - my favourite jacket!

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
Checked and it has no label in it, must've taken it out at some point, as the rectangle stitching is still there. I have taken the wire out of the hood as it used to annoy me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
If it has wire in the hood its the arctic windproof smock , longer in the body the the sas windproof

Thanks, that rings a bell, though I'm sure it was sold as SAS Arctic Smock.

It owes me nothing as I used it in the jungle, Croatia and everywhere else in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE