Sabre 45 Replacement hip buckle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
All,

I've had a sabre 45 now for about a year and due to a little bit of "special" use on my behalf, I've managed to seriously damage the central hip buckle - probably beyond repair, and certainly beyond and kind of useful function.

I've checked the website (http://www.pri.uk.com/ksf/index.html) but cannot locate anything about spares.

I know that everything on this bag was made to be interchangeable, but never intended to have to use it - so any ideas on where I get a replacement from?

Thanks,

Agile

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
Here in the states, you can get fastex buckles at local tailor shops, even the sewing sections of department stores. I'd suggest trying those first, as they'll likely be your cheapest option.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Just as a matter of interest the buckle went on my sabre 45 too. I wasn't doing anything 'special', just walking along a track. I managed to fix it with superglue but knowing where to get a spare is a great comfort. :)

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
Thanks everyone.

I have taken a look at those links and they look like they could be pretty good - at the same time I've also e-mailed the people who make the Sabre and asked them where they source the replacements from - money for such an object isn't really an issue (what 50p when the thing actually works) and I would far rather get a replacement than attempt to glue it back together as that is also never as good as the original thing!

If they contact me I shall let you all know!

Thanks,

Agile

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE