SA wetterlings

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tommyd345

Nomad
Feb 2, 2015
Norfolk
Hi all,

So Iv been looking about for a new axe. (More of a want than need). I already have a GB wildlife hatchet and the GB small splitter. Im currently looking through the SA wetterlings selection and a few caught my eye. The bushman, the American forest felling axe. And the foresters fine axe.

I know there is no such thing as one axe to rule them all, but you can get pretty close right! I'm after a longer haft, but not massive! leaning towards it being better at splitting, but can throw punches in the chopping department!

Anyway I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with said axes or other alternatives that I should look at? Am I barking mad?
Unless I find a fantastic deal, I'm willing to drive places to handle them first!

Thanks in advance!

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
I have the wetterlings bushman axe and rate it highly. Chose it over the GB SFA as it has a slightly longer handle and slightly broader head, so felt more capable when handled but still a packable size. The shortened poll together with the beard allow you to choke up well too if doing some finer work.

Cheers, Paul

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Yep, Hultafors are great, I have the Carpenters axe and the Forest axe and would rate them as much as my GB or Wetterlings axes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE