Rucksack?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tallywhacker

Forager
Aug 3, 2013
United Kingdom
That's the way to do it - get the foot of the doss bag well down into the base of the pack, then "wind" it around and up 'till it gets to the top. Have your other gear sorted and packed in stuff sacks, then push it down into the doss bag "tunnel" you've created. Your backpack will swallow the maximum of kit this way as you've used all the space in the most efficient way possible.

If your current pack proves too small, the advice above for the Sting is very good advice - they are a really great pack and superb value for money. You'll pick up a really good one at Endicotts.

I hope this is of help to you :)

I would go one further. Get a dry liner, jam in the insulation, make everything else fit [no stuff sacks at all] and than compress it down with the dry sack by forcing the air out as much as is required. Pegs, cook kits etc of course on top of the dry bag in stuff sacks. Liquids and food between the dry bag and your back. Tarps, waterproofs, gravity filters etc can go on the outside if needed, in fact that is arguably a better place for them.

Regarding packs:
The centurio 45 [the bigger centurio] with 10l mmps pockets comes in at 65L. If you get the 15L mmps side pockets that's 75L. It is well equipped for holding stuff on the outside too and modular so you can scale it to suit with mmps/molle pockets. TBH it will probably replace your current packs too because even the base pack compresses down well with the lid straps. The price is excellent, the comfort is excellent and the durability is excellent. It surprised me with how much i could get in it tbh. Not as cheap as a used pack from endicotts but well worth forking out for.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE