Wanted Royal Navy Deck Knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
Afternoon folks.

I'm after Royal Navy deck knives please. Like the ones in the picture (not the wooden handled versions).

They can be with or without sheath. I very much doubt there are mint condition ones out there so used is good but with no damage to blade or handle please. Chipped blades are a hassle and chunks out of the Bakelite handle cannot be repaired
;)
;)

Thanks in anticipation.

K

1649771545728.png

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I’ve been out of the navy for 13 years but never saw anything like these knifes on issue or in fact allowed. The mix would be an MOD survival knife, mainly for the looks, and the seaman’s knife and riggers knife here;

coupled with sidecutters, a spike and a small spike mostly used for shooting a can of beer. All carried in individual sheaths or one made by “the buffers party or tame “Spec” on board of leather. There was another knife I occasionally saw like the green river knife in shape but nothing like those in your pic.

Reactions: Athos

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
Cheers for the input Scoman. They are WW2/1950's issue. Listed here - p. 83, British & Commonwealth Military Knives by Ron Flook (accepted as the definitive book on issued military knives of that period).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE