rogue boots.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
After reading the article by Chris claycomb i bought myself a pair of rogue boots.Wearing them in spain for 2 weeks with or without socks i had no problem at all. Well worth the money . rating 99%

Eelco

Nov 7, 2005
The Netherlands
Cool, which one did you get? I got myself a pair of trans-africa boots. So far they're coming along nicely. The smooth leather needs a lot more breaking in compared to "normal" hiking boots (hanwag, meindl, etc.), but I absolutely love the flexible sole. How durable is your pair? do you think they'll be around in 5 years or completely worn out?

cheers,

Eelco

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
glad you like them TK Chirs has been trying to get me to get a pair for ages he loves his and they serve him very well I even think he's in Norway no using them

James

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I am delighted that you found they worked well in Spain! Were you carrying a pack? What kind of use did you put them to?

I didn't take my Ranger models to Norway...and I am glad that I didn't. The ground was ROUGH and my feet would have taken a real beating in the soft, single thickness Rangers. The number of bogs and rivers to be crossed would have ensured wet feet for one thing, and I am not sure how efficient the flexible sole is as a hiking boot when carrying a big pack (30lbs plus). It could just be my feet though :rolleyes:

For a light boot though I do like them, even if I am still finding they feel hotter than my lined boots.

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Eelco said:
Cool, which one did you get? I got myself a pair of trans-africa boots. So far they're coming along nicely. The smooth leather needs a lot more breaking in compared to "normal" hiking boots (hanwag, meindl, etc.), but I absolutely love the flexible sole. How durable is your pair? do you think they'll be around in 5 years or completely worn out?

cheers,

Eelco

Eelco
I have two pairs of Rogue Extreme boots one with gaitors and one without. The oldest pair is 5 years now and they're still going strong :) I use them when I am out and about doing extreme off roading so they get a fair bit of abuse :drive:
I have tried many boots in the past but I'll never go back, the Rogue boots are extremely comfortable, tough, completely waterproof and reasonably priced. I am even thinking about buying some more from John Muirden's stand at the Landrover Enthusiast show in Northampton this month.
I've never had the Trans-Africa boot but I'm sure it will be just as durable.

Steve K

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2004
Eastleigh, Hampshire
I to wanted a lighter pair of boots and treated myself to a pair of rangers.

I have been wearing them in the office and they are very comfortable although they are heavyer thasn I expected but that's probably a good thing.

My wife said they looked like a pair from the seventies.

As far as size goes I ordered an 8.5 as having measured my feet and using conversion tables from the net it turns out that I am an 8.5 and not a 9 afterall, so they are priobable the best fitting boot I've ever had as I usually by 9's.

Going camping next week so I can give them a more thorough test.

Cheers
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE