Robson Valley has died.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
That's sad news. I was just talking about him this weekend.
I loved his posts about tools, making, sharpening, his advice, his attitude to getting stuff done. As well as his intelligence, wit and take no prisoners outlook.

He sounded a little sad and lonely towards the end and I think he really appreciated the comments from the lovely people in this community online.
RIP Brian.

Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
He seemed like a decent sort. I enjoyed his contributions to this forum. My condolences to his family and friends.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Oh, seemed a interesting bloke with a huge amount of practical experience. I valued his input.
Dunno what to say really, he seemed like he really lived the deal instead of just dreamt it.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
I am shocked to hear this, Brian, as many has said was very knowledgeable and we have talked a few times over the years.

May you find joy wherever you are, RIP Brian

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Very sad. I missed Toddy's original post as I was off internet then but I did wonder what had happened.

i enjoyed his posts and slant on life. 77 is too young. I hope someone is looking after the cat he rescued
Heidi cat :)

I hope someone is giving her tins of tuna. I have a feeling Brian was the only person she trusted, and that was after much time together.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
He was adopted by a stray after Heidicat died. I remember how upset he was when Heidicat died. I think he felt affinity with a stray that could survive alone in harsh conditions. His humanity shone through in his posts.

Ah, it was Rumpus wasn't it? Took months to gain trust.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE