Robin Wood Hatchet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teal

Apr 23, 2016
Berkshire
Robin Wood Hatchet as seen here. It has seen light use, however it does have some dinks in the blade where it came off my work bench.

Selling because I there is something about the feel and balance of it that just doesn't work for me. I have a husqvarna hatchet that just works better in my hands.

I will post pictures of the edge later today.

£25 posted second class to UK mainland.

DSC_0518.jpgDSC_0519.jpg

Last edited:

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
The edge was dinged across most of its length by falling off a bench?

:D I'll get 'em out with my axe file HB. It will give me something to do on a snowy night.

You know what they say - wood warms you thrice...once when you cut it, once when you stack it, once when you burn it. I'm getting 33% extra free...once when you sharpen the axe ;)

K

Teal

Apr 23, 2016
Berkshire
The edge was dinged across most of its length by falling off a bench?

Yes, although not most of the edge, maybe a 2-3 cm bit? Concrete floor and it presumably it landed edge down. My mother in law knocked it off and brought it to me in that state. (she's a design and technology teacher so she does appreciate a tool)

Maybe I am being sensitive but your post reads like you are insinuating I'm not being straight about the damage. Given I have mentioned it and posted pictures I am not entirely sure why you'd take issue?

DSC_0527.jpg

Last edited:

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
On the initial pic it looks like there are small dings along the whole length, as well the more obvious bit.

Doesn't look like that in the pic you just put up.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I've no idea whether HillBill is or isn't insinuating anything but no matter, to me the original picture was plenty clear enough for me top determine the limit of damage to the edge (apx 30mm ish)

Regardless of any damage apparent in the picture, this was a total bargain at £25 including postage and if I'd seen it sooner I'd have grabbed it myself, fettled it and added it to my "collection" .

best wishes

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE