Right, I'll reintroduce myself again

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi Gamekeeper - welcome to the site

I think I`ve stumbled across your stuff before when I was looking at rifle slings.

I might be giving you a shout for a leather Silva compass case.

Rich

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
No, I'm not letting that lie.

You were asked courteously to read the rules on advertising, on reciprocal links, on self promotion.

That was it.

You chose not to even respond and now take it ill out when your post was removed.

Why ought you be somehow exempt from the same guidelines that other craftsfolk adhere to ?

Toddy

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
No, I'm not letting that lie.

You were asked courteously to read the rules on advertising, on reciprocal links, on self promotion.

That was it.

You chose not to even respond and now take it ill out when your post was removed.

Why ought you be somehow exempt from the same guidelines that other craftsfolk adhere to ?

Toddy

I don't understand how brand new, non contributing, members can post direct commercial links, how come I have to pay to sell my craftwork? :confused:
I've pm'd tony as this has really rattled my cage. sorry
R.B.:confused:

gamekeeper

Feb 12, 2008
N.Yorks
www.poacher.plus.com
I dont get this,
Toddy & I have have cleared this up.

I'm currently looking for the button or image in order for me to put a link on my site for BushcraftUK.

Additionally I'm not selling my items openly, Shewie was merely stating that he had stumbled across my items before.

I have no plans to sell on here, I prefer the bartering system & if I can help anyone out I will but if this is not the way then I will retract it.

Rancid Badger please contact Toddy before jumping on a band-wagon as you may fall off!!!

Reciprocal link shall be posted on my site by this time tomorrow.

All the best Bushcrafters.

rancid badger

No bandwagon involved, just a bit of confusion really.
I had no idea that links of this sort were allowed for non contributing members:confused:
I should have looked at the relevant info properly:rolleyes:
If it's allowed, so be it.

There's no reason not to sell your stuff on here, I don't think there is a minimum post thing involved as far as registering as a maker but I could be wrong, I quite often am.
I also quite like bartering and will also help where I can.

I'm more than happy to welcome you to the site by the way, I should have said this initially but got distracted as I went along, ( maybe did fall of the wagon:bluThinki )
As I say, welcome and the best of luck
R.B.

gamekeeper

Feb 12, 2008
N.Yorks
www.poacher.plus.com
No worries mate, been stressful here too!!

Reciprocal link has been added to my site & hopefully a good enough write up for it.

I prefer bartering, even on one of the stalls I run - people generally see no prices on my stuff & are too scared to ask.

I learnt to barter in the gold markets in sandier climes!!!

All the best

Dave

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Snip>

Additionally I'm not selling my items openly.

<Snip

There are lots of ways of selling and your highlighting of

Snip>

Don't ask about the leather 'cos I'm clearly not allowed to tell you.

<Snip

is rather provocative.

The rules here are simple and they have worked for a long time to keep things the way most of us want them.

Trying to maneuver your way around them, particularly at this early stage, is just going to annoy the mods and lead you to a ban.

Stick around and people will find out what you are about without needing to be told every second post.

Don't play by the rules and there won't be a second post.

That's how things work around here.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Welcome Gamekeeper!
You got yourself noticed! that's good :D
Welcome to the forum, we are a nice bunch (really), despite the large numbers - we are a fairly close family and a good place to be.
I looked at your site, some good stuff there, welcome aboard, we look forward to your future contributions

gamekeeper

Feb 12, 2008
N.Yorks
www.poacher.plus.com
Hi,
afraid not Woodstock, my recent back injury negates that. Although I do regularly shoot & try to "maintain" the rabbit population.

Mind you, shooting pheasant has never really been my thing.

All the best

Dave.

P.S. Thank you all for the compliments.

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
There are lots of ways of selling and your highlighting of

is rather provocative.

The rules here are simple and they have worked for a long time to keep things the way most of us want them.

Trying to maneuver your way around them, particularly at this early stage, is just going to annoy the mods and lead you to a ban.

Stick around and people will find out what you are about without needing to be told every second post.

Don't play by the rules and there won't be a second post.

That's how things work around here.

Gary, you are not a mod or even a maker so I cant see why you need to get involved:confused: . Fair enough in the other thread you pointed out that it would be better for Gamekeeper to reintroduce himself before trading after a lapse in posting - friendly advice from an established member. But to get your longboat oar in by posting a hour and a half later after a moderator has already reprimanded this fella seems to be exactly the sort of 'flaming' that you are continually bringing other members on here up on.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I don't understand how brand new, non contributing, members can post direct commercial links, how come I have to pay to sell my craftwork? :confused:
I've pm'd tony as this has really rattled my cage. sorry
R.B.:confused:

Ok, People are allowed to have a link to their sites as long as they have a reciprocal link to bushcraft uk. I am considering some changes to this but at the moment that’s how it is. They cannot sell on the forums or promote their products. To do this they would have to be a maker, whom can post up articles for sale directly to the members.

At present there are no commercial sales and any business would be classed as such and is not allowed to sell on bushcraft uk.

So, rancid badger – you can make things and sell them on the site, you can also have a link in your sig (as can most people) only makers can do this. Anyone else promoting their products for sale will be warned and then if needed booted off the site.
I think the rules state that a quick mention of what people offer is expectable once only as an intro. This shouldn’t be drawn out though and anyone that does draw it out will have it removed and be reminded of the rules etc.

Hope that explains it.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Gary, you are not a mod or even a maker so I cant see why you need to get involved:confused: . Fair enough in the other thread you pointed out that it would be better for Gamekeeper to reintroduce himself before trading after a lapse in posting - friendly advice from an established member. But to get your longboat oar in by posting a hour and a half later after a moderator has already reprimanded this fella seems to be exactly the sort of 'flaming' that you are continually bringing other members on here up on.

I think this would have been better by PM. No need to publicly start a slanging match. I read it as friendly advice, and I'd hope it was taken that way. Let's not argue about trivia, eh folks?

:)

rancid badger

Ok, People are allowed to have a link to their sites as long as they have a reciprocal link to bushcraft uk. I am considering some changes to this but at the moment that’s how it is. They cannot sell on the forums or promote their products. To do this they would have to be a maker, whom can post up articles for sale directly to the members.

At present there are no commercial sales and any business would be classed as such and is not allowed to sell on bushcraft uk.

So, rancid badger – you can make things and sell them on the site, you can also have a link in your sig (as can most people) only makers can do this. Anyone else promoting their products for sale will be warned and then if needed booted off the site.
I think the rules state that a quick mention of what people offer is expectable once only as an intro. This shouldn’t be drawn out though and anyone that does draw it out will have it removed and be reminded of the rules etc.

Hope that explains it.

Yes indeed, all fair enough Tony.
No more Mr. Twisty from me;)
cheers
R.B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE