Result!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
As you might have known from my other thread asking for help compiling my CV I had been told last Thursday I was provisionally at risk of being made redundant :(

Well today I had a call from my manager to say that one of the 8 people who'd got through the sift and been offered a post had turned it down in favour of taking voluntary redundancy and as I was number 9 on the list they wanted to offer me the job :)

I of course snapped it up like a starving crocodile :D

Sadly it means leaving the boroughs I'd worked in for the past 13 years and the people I'd built good working relationships up with and starting afresh in some new boroughs but end of the day it's a job and a darn sight better than being on the dole. I'm just waiting on the confirmation letter which should arrive tomorrow but I've been told my second redundancy meeting for Thursday has been cancelled so it's a done deal really.

I'd just like to say thank you for all the offers of support and help with my CV both on my thread and by PM. It was really appreciated and just goes to show what makes this such a great forum to belong to :cool:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Really pleased for you Steve :D
What a good way to start off the year too; change isn't always a bad thing, and it can fire up enthusiasm and energy that's gotten comfortable, open up new doors, etc.
Best of luck with the new job :D

atb,
M

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
Good News, and good luck in the new area. Think of it this way - a whole new raft of connections and contacts to be made & whoever takes over your old area has a bunch of people used to a positive relationship with their role so should bea ble to hit the ground running.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Congratulations! I have been made redundant twice and both times were terrible... I'm glad you didn't have to go through it. What is it that you do?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE