Removing smell of smoke from leather

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
BTW Saddle soap is not for washing leather, its for conditioning it

Nah, it actually does both. Ask any horse girl.

As for smell, a tip I got from a waitress back in the day when you were allowed to smoke inside clubs and pubs was to use a hair dryer. Work on clothes at least.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Saddle soap is a proprietary compound containing mild soap and softening ingredients such as neatsfoot oil, glycerin, and lanolin. It also contains beeswax to protect leather. It is used for cleaning, conditioning and softening leather, particularly that of saddles and other horse tack, hence its name. It is also commonly used for cleaning and conditioning leather footwear and other leather products. Regular cleaning of leather goods extends the lifespan and helps maintain good quality.

Just something I found on Wikipedia ?

Sent from somewhere?

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Saddle soap is a proprietary compound containing mild soap and softening ingredients such as neatsfoot oil, glycerin, and lanolin. It also contains beeswax to protect leather. It is used for cleaning, conditioning and softening leather, particularly that of saddles and other horse tack, hence its name. It is also commonly used for cleaning and conditioning leather footwear and other leather products. Regular cleaning of leather goods extends the lifespan and helps maintain good quality.

Sent from somewhere?

Beat me to it.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire

Sent from somewhere?

Thank you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE