Reindeer hide for swaps.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
I have a reindeer hide for swaps. I got it a few months back and there is a dark stain on the underside about 10-12cm round that made the skin "soft" and it now has a small tear in the skin. The hair side is absolutely perfect
I will get some pictures up asap.

Looking for:

Vintage hatchet.
Interesting looking knife scales.
"Realtree" cap (clean)
Air pistol padded case.

Or let me know what you have that may interest me?

Chris

Greeny

Jun 21, 2015
Cheshire
Hi Chris

I have what I describe as a small (12-14" haft) hatchet - it is a no name head that I rehandled in oiled hickory about 12 months ago, came to me via a family friend and to my knowledge must be at least 30+ years old. It is (and was used for) best used for small firewood processing/splitting as it widens quite quickly from the cutting edge to the cheeks. I have done minor limbing (ie trimmed my xmas tree in the past ! lol) with it
I also fettled it up when fitting the new handle (which sensibly protrudes from the eye and is fixed with a seasoned oak wedge), by dressing and sharpening the cutting edge, and removing the minimal surface rust (whilst retaining age related patina)
If it sounds vaguely interesting let me know, and i'll get pics to you.

Steve

edit- it also has a handmade (by me) leather sheath.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE