Rehandled Silky, sheath and possibles pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gailainne

Life Member
Something I had been meaning to do for a while after seeing Sheps thread on re handling his Silky, I just finished the sheath for it so thought I'd post some pics

Scales are wild Olive, the spine is mahogany I think (from my late Dads supplies) and the butt is water buffalo horn. The sheath is 2mm water buffalo with a 1mm kip liner, just at the top. Still to have a protective coat added.
CIMG0103.jpg

Mucked up the dyeing, I'll have to dye the liner now :(
CIMG0104.jpg

I like the braided look, I've done it on a couple of pieces now.
CIMG0105.jpg

I tried to emulate the grain on the scales copied on to the sheath, didn't come out too well.
CIMG0102.jpg

I also have been after a possibles pouch, I saw John Fennas sporran style one at the Moot, and remembered Ozhaggisheads blog about making one, so I had a go;

The bag is made from some dyed stuff I got at the recent Lanarkshire meet, just over a 1mm thick, the thicker leather is some grade 3 2.5mm stuff I got from LeProvo.
CIMG0106.jpg

Hand sewn using artificial sinew, the beads are pewter from a company in Wales.
CIMG0107.jpg

Again still have to give it a couple of protective coats.
CIMG0108.jpg

Cheers

Stephen

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Does the bag double as a sporran?

I'd rather wear that than the furry crap in the hire shop.

(Tam the lowlander forced to wear such every now and again rather than a nice piece of original).

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
really like the look of the poss pouch stephan, what is the actuall size of it, do you have a pattern, i've got an old swade coat that i was thinking of cutting up for pouches.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE