Recycling an old tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Found an abandoned tent in the woods today. Took it home to dispose of (the tent bit was lying in a heap but the poles were still in the pole bag). It's a cheap tent with bendy fibreglass poles & the guy ropes were missing.

Thought I'd cut out some of the groundsheet to make a dog rest (I'll sew some camping mat inside or something). I'm also going to salvage the shock cord from the poles. The carry bag will act as a cover for my sleeping mat, I think.

Might take the insect netting too but not sure what I'd do with it.

Any ideas for the rest? It's not a serviceable tent, there are holes in the groundsheet & Millets are selling 2-man tents for £7 each (I think this one is bigger)

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Pot bags light weight and stops crud goung on your kit.. tent peg bags small tarp to cover you when you stop for a brew in bad weather.
d

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I found one a couple of weeks ago and was thinking that I could use a piece for a footprint groundsheet for my own tent.
I went back to clear up the mess left by the youngsters and all was nice a tidy and the tent gone.
All's well that ends well.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Had a thought this morning - can use the metal tubes on the joints of the poles as marlinspike hitch toggles on the hammock! Just have to work out how to remove them...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE