Recommend me a two good knives.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NikolaTesla

Forager
Jan 26, 2012
Uk
I'd like to buy two knives, a fixed blade around ("4-.4.5") that is preferably made from good carbon steel, with a smooth cutting edge. And the second would be a folding knife for work, with also again good steel but more corrosion resistant, about 3-4" in length, I'd very much like the knife if it was colorful, thanks!

My budget is around £30-£65. Cheers!

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Joker gets my vote too. Great knives. I prefer the wood handle but if you want colourful they do a candy stripe model :headbang:

Mora is the industry standard for cheap bushcraft knife. Amazingly sharp and do the job well. Lots of models to pick from too.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I'd go for a Mora and a sloyd carving knife for whittling. Probably enough change to add a cheap Frosts Crook knife to the mix.

With a bit to tlc you can get a great edge on the Sloyd and the crook knife.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
How about a mora companion and a leatherman sidekick. There is a good blade on the sidekick and the other tools come in handy too. Still leaves you a few quid under budget.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
You say for work, what do you do?

I cut quite a lot of plasterboard and DPC (often against concrete) at work so a Stanley knife with disposable blades is by far the most practical option.

Other peoples jobs might mean they cut a lot of parcels open where the blade doesn't get anything like as hard a time and a proper knife might be better suited.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Mora Heavy Duty Companion Knife - 3.2mm Carbon Steel Blade - Orange
To my mind, this is easily the best bustcraft knife if your budget is up to £100.
http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/...-32mm-carbon-steel-blade---orange-13135-p.asp

mora-heavy-duty-companion-knife-3.2mm-carbon-steel-blade-orange-13135-p.jpg

Spyderco Byrd Tern UK Pen Knife - EDC
This little knife will resist most chemicals, humidity and abuse and not hold any nasties from food prep (Though nor will the Mora).
http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/spyderco-byrd-tern-uk-pen-knife---edc-12348-p.asp
spyderco-byrd-tern-uk-pen-knife-edc-12348-p.jpg

NikolaTesla

Forager
Jan 26, 2012
Uk
I have a Mora companion (they are excellent knives), I would like to have something with a little more finesse.

And believe it or not I work as a fabricator welder, but I also get alot of other "odd jobs" at work, everyday I need to use a knife, but the only knives we have in work, are stanley blades, and people cut on metal tables with them so they are really blunt. I'll also use the knives outdoors when I go camping (overdue now for a night or two out).

I very much like the look of ESEE and Fallkniven knives, I like a more modern look, but also like the original bushcraft knife look. As for the fixed blade is the Condor Bushlore good?

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE