Recommend me a tough waterproof compact camera

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
Hi all,

Im in the market for a tough waterproof compact camera and was initially looking at a Fujiifilm XP10, but was wondering what others are out. Im particularly looking at soemthing that can be personally recommended.
Ive got about £150 to spend, but maybe able to stretch a little further.

Cheers

Paul

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
I have an Olympus μ. It isn't perfect but it is certainly tough and waterproof. I think if I were a better photographer I would find shortcomings with it, but for snapping Ihave no complaints.

Z

alecf

Forager
Jun 7, 2009
Nr Reading
I've had an olympus which was great for the three years or so until it broke the other week in the jungle. The lens cover broke so that it doesn't open when you turn the camera on anymore...

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
Having read reviews of the Olympus tough cameras there seems to be issues with image quality in particular when taking shots of fast moving objects, and also that it's slow to start up.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
The Gadget Show (yesterday) dropped an Olympus Tough Camera 80' out of a helicopter, blew it up with explosives, towed it in spray from a fast boat etc... And it still worked fine!

I hadn't realized that they were that Tough!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE