recommend me a good wax jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Forgot t say Stu I dont need help gettin myself into trouble.......

Non of us do my friend, that's the one thing that we're all plenty capable of ourselves.

.....Nessies for trade lovely knife just not used enough......

And a lovely looking knife it is too dude, if I was in the habit of skinning bears more frequently than I do I'd have it off you, don't really have a need for it though at the moment. I'll let you know if things change :)

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Yes Not as Good as a Barbour but for a knock about the wood and lowland walking brilliant jacket. I will see if I can find the correct link

Aussiepom

Forager
Jun 17, 2008
Mudgee, NSW
Driza-Bones are very popular down here. Been around for ages. Some city folk wear them for posh, but they're the brand of choice for country folk, who wear them as working clothes. That should tell you all you need to know about them really. They last forever and you can get different versions in different lengths. The only down side is that they're not the cheapest brand, but then again, there is such a thing as false economy.

bullterrier

Forager
Feb 4, 2011
NZ

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I've a full length Outback oilskin riding coat, had it years now and it's wearing well (they always look better worn in). Some may find it a bit long but I know that when I'm wearing it with my Tilley hat on and a decent pair of boots that I'm staying dry in a downpour. Doesn't have a huge amount of pocket volume and stuff in the outer pockets will get wet. Worn with a good swanni shirt in winter and your warm and dry. (Oh and you look like a Texas Ranger come to town to dispence justice :BlueTeamE)

IRF7

Dec 17, 2011
Hobart
I have an Driza Bone short coat - comes to mid thigh - for 15 years. I have re proofed it a few times & the missus has had to put the needle & thread to it a few times. Its the best wax coat i've had & I ve had Barbour, Filson - tin cloth & hoggs.

adriaticus

Mar 31, 2013
Triest
I would stick to Barbour jackets. You can find vintage/used jackets for a fair price and in decent conditions. And they come in navy too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE