Recommend a Festival

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
The festival season will be upon us soon and I thought it a good idea to invite people to recommend one/ones they have been to in previous years and enjoyed. We could build up a little store of good things to check out this summer.

I'll kick off with Festival at the Edge, a small storytelling festival on Wenlock Edge in Shropshire every July which I've managed to get to many times over the last dozen years or so.

I've no affiliation with it other than being a happy visitor.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Well I always enjoy Glastonbury but I work the greenfields so up away from the mad camping fields.
I have done the Wilderness festival the last couple of years and enjoy it, bit posh hippy but fantastic environment.
Womad is fun, I really miss the edge of the little free festivals that went on in the early 80's.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Oh, dont be a wet blanket, Laurentus, I hate festivals and Im stewarding Stainsby (Folk music) for the third year running.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I am way too old for festivals in any case they aren't what they used to be :)
There's ALWAYS room for mad old folk at festivals :) I enjoy Shambala in Northampton, camp in mad places rather than on the main field, have a fire and collect all the detritus of young humanity when they have a bad day/ news to enjoy/ stories to tell, have a bit of a sing / dance or just be a safe place to hide from the madness for a recharge :)

Festivals are so amazingly broad now, theres one for everything and good ones are very diverse little microcosms... I'm glad they've evolved but wish the price tag hadn't ;)

I agree with Cropredy, got some freinds who go every year in a K9 camper and they reckon its amazing :)

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I really miss the edge of the little free festivals that went on in the early 80's.

Me too Robin, managed to make it to the last Stonehenge in '84 (I think). Little festivals used to occur around ancient rings and earthworks on the South Downs that were nothing more than a big campout with some live music and purveyors of various "wares".;) Good times.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
We deliver catering trailers to the main festies- creamfields is an expensive drugs fest but if we had to stay, bestival at lulworth cove/ isle of white seems like the favourite from outside inwards :)

Camp Bestival (Nr Lulworth Cove) Good for families 1-4th Aug which fits in well with the nearby moot!
Bestival (Isle of White) 5-8th Sept

Last edited:

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Me too Robin, managed to make it to the last Stonehenge in '84 (I think). Little festivals used to occur around ancient rings and earthworks on the South Downs that were nothing more than a big campout with some live music and purveyors of various "wares".;) Good times.

I was at that one too http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/henge-history-84.html
was planning to go in 85 hitching down when beanfield happened and ended up with the remnants at Westbury, we still had a good time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE