Recent work, lots of knives (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Hi folks.

Here are some knives i've finished recently. Couple of new designs in with them, so opinions on those would be appreciated. I'll start with the new ones. :)

This is a new/old design. Which i have designated DPB-2 It was one of the early knives that i made in 2009 when i first started making. I didn't make more than a couple as my Brother took the mick out of it saying it was a steak knife :D I've tweaked the handle a bit (which is Bocote) and made another. Thoughts on this one guys?

This one is a small hunter, designed for smaller game for a client in the US. It has a high flat grind which isnt quite full, handled in cocobolo and was made as part of a 2 knife set.

Another design i made for a client, he wanted a knife with a handle similar in shape to the helle temagami with a 5" blade, This is in black palm with green g10 liners

This is the S4 type that was seen on the video review recently. It has white/ivory G10 scales and is made from 4mm RWL-34

Couple of Kepharts

Couple of DPB-1's

A knife a made for a friend in Damasteel. He sent me this pic as i never got chance to take any, he had it away as soon as it was done.....eager beaver :) He chose the materials which is corian with pink liners.... he likes his pink....the big puff. :D

And lastly a woodie clone. The only one i have ever made, it was a commission. Not a perfect clone but i only had pics to go on.

Last edited:

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
I would think that the DPB-2 would make a cracking game prep knife. It just looks so right for paunching rabbits, skinning duties and all that sort of stuff. I'd not be surprised to see a few of them hanging on stalkers belts in the near future...

Dunx

Apr 8, 2013
West Wales
Awesome stuff there Tat2trev had the same idea as I had with the s4

Would love to be able to create things like these

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
They're all very classy, but I really like the second Kephart......................Excellent as usual!..atb mac

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Thanks folks :)

Juttle - It might well do. I may try a version in stainless with a flat grind for just such a purpose :)

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
How's the Classic Range Nessie coming? I'm looking forward to seeing that.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
How's the Classic Range Nessie coming? I'm looking forward to seeing that.

No progress on the Nessie yet other than some doodles on paper. I made the kephart and had to make some more that folk ordered. The green river is next when i get a minute or two to knock one up. The nessie, bowie and a couple of others need bigger pieces of steel than i have in stock so they will be waiting till i get some more, which wont be long as i'm nearly out now so need to place an order in the next week or so. :)

Those kepharts are gorgeous Mark.

Cheers Mike. I'm kinda taking a liking to them myself :(

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Cheers mate :) No they're not camel bone.... they are oak believe it or not, i cut them from the tree myself.... but due to the colour i'm thinking they are White Oak. :)

Great work, particularly the S4 and Woodie clone for me, what are the scales on the Woodie Mark, very nice, camel bone?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE