Ray Mears Survival ITV

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
On another point this is the first Ray Mears thread I have seen where nobody really mentions his kit. Ray Mears should be applauded in this case for not having the product placement kit he sells on the show. Normally he gets criticised for having expensive kit on display. I did not see any labels but then again I might have missed them because I was interested in the show itself.

Andrew

What shorts was he wearing and the make of rifle please?

Cheers!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
This may have been mentioned earlier in the thread but even though it's Ray's name he doesn't do the editing and he doesn't judge what is going into the final product to appeal to the selected viewer base.
Even though there's many thousands that class bushcraft as their past time there's many millions that will enjoy the programme and not want or need anything hugely in depth. From all of these sorts of programmes we (generally) get something out of them, sometimes it's a load of knowledge and information and at other times it's just tit bit's or we come away with a renewed enthusiasm for something. I think that all of these sorts of programmes are a great opportunity for us if we take it, we can learn more, or we can get ideas, they even raise awareness with the general public whihc often makes it easier to approach people to use land etc.

And if Ray is doing what he enjoys then good for him, if he's moving out of what we've got used to watching for 10 years then I hope he's enjoying himself and following his passion. I know that TV has given him the opportunity to do lots of things he would not have done and he's more in a position now to do things that he wants to do and have experiences that he want to have, in a way we just follow along for the ride and TV companies try to make money from it :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE