Ray Mears' Next Series?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
Just wondering, anyone heard if Ray's doing the next series yet?, is it in production now?
Can't see anything about it on the site really, but I do remember reading "Ray is currently off filming..." a while ago on there, somewhere.

Anyone know anything?
Best to drop Woodlore a quick mail to find out?

cheers :)
Carlo

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
i think it said in the woodlore brochure that ray will not be instructing on courses this year due to filming shcedule

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
i only put the first reply cos we`re waiting oin cyber forrest for all you other groovy funksters to dive in :-D

B

bushwackerscott

I recently asked Woodlore if Mears will be doing another series of Extreme Survival and the answer came back 'no he's doing a new series on Bushcraft' which leads to the presumption that it will be called somthing other than Extreme Survival.

It will be screened in Autumn this year and summer 2005.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
So something good to look forward to on the box! :-D

bushwackerscott said:
It will be screened in Autumn this year and summer 2005.

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
An email was sent out on the Woodlore mailing list today, not much info, but I'll quote in full:

RAY MEARS NEW TV SERIES

We are pleased to announce that Ray is now well into filming his new series of 10 one-hour programmes. The first five of which will be screened on BBC2 Autumn 2004 and the second five will be screened on BBC2 Spring 2005. A book to accompany the series will be due out Spring 2005. DVDs/VHS will be available at the end of each series. Sorry, we can't give too much away at this stage but if you are enjoying the repeat programmes of Tracks we can guarantee you will not be disappointed in this new series!

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
I'd heard that the BBC wanted Ray to broaden the "yoof" appeal of his programmes... so it's my understanding that the next series will be called:

Ray Mears World of Extreme SPORTZ!!!

In it Ray will demonstrate bushcrafting and survival skills whilst performing death defying stunts on a skateboard.

S

slyfox

Did anyone see at the end of the extreme survival series on BBC2 they showed one episode of a ray mears program that isnt part of the extreme survival series 1/2/3 and it isnt the ten minit thing thats running now.

Cause at the time i thought i way the start of a new series but the following week nothing !!

i cant remember the name of it !!

What was it :banghead:

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
We know more about the planes of Africa, & the North Pole than we do about our own countryside.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE