Ray Mears Bushcraft Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
I have just been reading a review of the above knife by Knoxi 82. And I was surprised by this as I have had a knife identical to this for over 40 years, the only difference being that the one I have does not have theRay Mears name and logo on the blade and it has FALCON moulded on one side of the black plastic handle. The blade does not have Mora on it, and the only wording on the blade is CARBON TOOL STEEL. SWEDEN. Can anyone throw any light on this. As I say the knife is identical, the moulded shape of the handle is identical, and as the review says it is a great knife, though not expensive it holds an edge and is one of my favourites. I have always thought of it as a Mora and was surprised to have this confirmed. I have had it from New having bought it in a Gun Shop in Ayr Scotland. Any comments welcome !

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
+1 on the pics.

Other thing to consider is, there are only so many shapes to make a knife and still have it useful, it's not like mr Mears invented knives for general outdoors use, so i'm in no doubt that their design was heavily influenced by other knives around at the time and before.

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Follow up to my previous post here . i have just come on Wulf's post on the Mora510 this is the identicle one to my one described above whic I have had for over forty years, only mine has Falcon on one side of the handle. The name is moulded in the handle and not incised. I bought it new from a shop in Ayr. Still got a fantastic edge.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Phew! that was close..almost resulted in RM getting the traditional kicking...:lmao:
I think there is confusion in that the Mora 510 which went out of production some time ago, was briefly resurrected at the request of RM and possibly others and appeared on his website for sale, having not been available for some time. I'm not at all sure he claims to have invented the Mora 510 although he may have requested a green handle for the later production model...:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE