Rambo Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Hi Folks,

Just Wondering if anyone knows where I can get a Rambo style knife, or atleast what type of knife it is (official name) Quite like the look of them and I like the fact that you can keep things like hooks fishing lines and matches in the handle.

Thanks in advance

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Unless you want to spend BIG money on a well made replica you will get junk! you may want to try something like a usmc ka-bar knife, or a usmc survival knife. Both simualr in style but affordable and fit for function! ;)

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Well you can get the el'cheep plastic jobs with a tin can for a blade, and two part plastic handle in a fair number of surplus shops. But if your talking about the "real deal" metal handle etc I have no idea.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
I think it was Buck or Cold Steel that used to make a knife called The Bushman that had a hollow handle that was designed to have a shaft added to it to make a spear, but I don't think it's in production any more.

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Buckmaster 184?

No it was a much plainer affiar, it was just a blade with a hollow handle.

I think they call them the "First Blood Knife". Have a word with JonathanD. :)

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92122

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91412

I believe Robevs73 was selling a similar replica a few weeks ago, blessed if I can find the thread at the moment.

Then there's the Dartmoor thing:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93281

My preference would be for a pouch on my belt and a stronger tang.

Jeasus, that first one is impressive.

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Aitor jungle king or the smaller jungle king 2? Rusmilitary sell a Russian army one, nearly bought one 10 years ago, wish I had, price has shot right up! Made in the AK factory.

Don't know how to post links, sorry.

Last edited:

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
the cold steel bushman is good, for £30 it's a tank! hollow handle too, I fit a ferrocium rod in ine but you can easily cork up the ends and fill it with matches and stuff! They double up as aspear too, good spring steel means it wont snap and gets good and sharp.

I keep mine on 5 foot pole, for gardening and stuff..

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
yep! it's as tough as old boots that weren't made in china! ;)

I love mine, and I would say that although it's not very heavy and thus doesn't make the best chopper for its size it does make up for that easily once you stick a longer wooden handle on! it also needs some handle wrapping, I use heat shrink tubing and it makes a big difference.

Check the sales section here, a member has a bushman, pocket bushman and the discontinued mini bushman for sale!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE