Quick sleave bag for hobo.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Just a quikie for a sewn sleave bag for my soon to be started hobo, given to me by Globetrotter_uk on the gift it on thread in other chatter. go have a look!!!
take one 95pattern issue shirt sleave.
DSCF2924.jpg

Turn inside out and after mesuring the lenghth required, remove cuff and shoulder.
DSCF2925.jpg

stitch straight across the bottom(you could cut a circle from the shoulder bit to make a flat base) fold over the top to create a channel for the draw string and sew this.NOTE do not lie it flat on sewing machine and stitch straight across.
DSCF2926.jpg

cut a couple of eye hole thread a draw cord through and hey presto hobo bag.
DSCF2923.jpg

DSCF2927.jpg

thank you for looking.

KISS Keep It Simple Southey!(substitute for stupid)

Jan 6, 2009
Lowestoft, UK
If you use the bottom of a leg off a pair of trousers they already have the eye hole and channel sewn in so you only need to cut to length and sew one end shut. Unless you wanna get fancy and use the bit half way up so you get a pocket on the outside to.

Cheers

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I just found a pair of canvas trousers that had a big tear in the seat. Someone left them behind in the grass at the riverside where i was walking this morning. They are in the wash now, and this sort of bag is exactly the sort of thing I had in mind for them.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I made a pair of these a while ago from a pair of US woodland camo trousers, so I ended up with 2 bags for my tarps and a pair of long shorts. As has been said, you can use the drawstrings in the trouser ends as a pull top on the bags.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE