Puppy wound ( warning ! )

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
There seem to be some right weird mixtures amongst the lurchers, and the parentage isn't always obvious in the offspring. I've no idea what mine is the product of as she came from the rescue kennels, bu the closest we've seen of known parentage was a border collie/ whippet cross. You could see the whippet influence but little else.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
The more I look at yer pup, Robbi, the more I see my wife. :(

thewife.jpg

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
hiya Filcon, she's young and fit mate, the vet reckoned 10 days would see her fine, the first 5 we have to keep her on the lead though.

got pain killers and antibiotics for the next week, back to the vets in 5 days for a check up, then another 5 day and get the staples out.

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
My Dog, a boxer, and by definition, mad as a box of frogs cost me well over a grand in vet bills in the first two years that i had him.
Deep gash in his fore-pad, Quarterising a cut vein in his mouth from a stick, stitches in his hind leg from running into a big rock, removal of some sort of growth, more stitches in his foreleg from a scrap, removal of a swallowed a golf ball, operation on both eyes because his eyelashes turned inwards, and eating £600 in cash from the dining room table when i was in the shower. Fortunately he grew out of it, but only after I had spent another small fortune on removing his nuts!!.

He is now insured!!

Its surprising how tough they are and how quickly the bounce back from injury.

Anyway hoping your pup recovers soon and stays out of trouble!

Poor bugger he eats £600 and you remove his nuts :eek:

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
My Pit Bull winds up with random cuts like that quite often, unexplained. He's so active he runs full speed around our house when there's cattle or horses in the street and gets himself all ripped up. Our Rottweiler had some serious gashes on her snout a while back. I thought she had gotten into it with the Pit Bull, but that was odd because they wrestle all the time and just get soggy with dog spit. Then I actually watched our little Fox Terrier lay into the Rotty and put her into full submission and there was no hint of play involved, she was dead serious. I went to check and sure enough there was a brand new gash on her snout.

The best I can do is "child proof" our property for the Pit Bull. Now that the dogs (we have 6) have established their pecking order the dominant/submissive conflicts get resolved peacefully. It really is something to see a 110 lb Rottweiler go belly up for a 15 lb Terrier. Mac

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
hi Phil,

went and had a look around but nothing obvious in the long grass or on the beach, i reckon it must have been a sharp rock as she runs over them chasing the hooded crows and seagulls.

she started chewing at the staples and managed to get 4 of them out, thankfully the wound is healing really well. We've put a tee shirt on her now so she can't get to the staples....does look funny :) but seems to work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE