protect squashy things (food like crisps, sandwiches etc.) whilst in your bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chris_irwin

Nomad
Jul 10, 2007
oxfordshire
I was just packing my bag for a Dartmoor mountain biking trip tomorrow, when I suddenly thought of something. Filling a small drybag up with your food and then blow it up with air. release enough of the air to roll the lid down a few times and seal it. The dry bag won't compress enough to squash the stuff inside. I doubt it would last a long time, but might work for a day, saves the weight and bulk of a clip lock container.

I'll try it out tomorrow and see how it works!

chris_irwin

Nomad
Jul 10, 2007
oxfordshire
i always find my dry bags dont hold air that well, but different brands might do it different

You might be right, my alpkit ones seem to be alright. But I'll try it out tomorrow anyway. Even if it only lasts a few hours, I could always top it up.

I don't really like taking the bulk and weight of a clip lock, so normally I just use a dry bag and let stuff get squashed. So it will probably be a slight improvement over what I'm used to anyway!

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I make a cheese barrier

taco.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE