Primus Omni Fuel - Help !!!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
Hi all,

I was planning a couple of nights out next week and as I've managed to find some panel wipe for my Omni Fuel stove (instead of unleaded - too much soot and the fumes will finish me off) i decided to give it a clean.

I've over tightened the fuel line and split one of the nuts - result, fuel everywhere and the stove is useless. :censored: :cussing:

I'm desperate to find a replacement fuel line but after 2 hours on-line I can't find one (unless i spend £120 and buy a new stove).

Does anyone have any experience of spare parts for this stove that either deliver REAL QUICK or are within an hours motorbike trip of Windermere.

Thanks in advance, :togo:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The man to speak to is Mike at basecamp, they tend to be a bit laid back but explaing its urgent and he will have it in the post straigt away

Great choice of stove there, but you don't need much more than finger tight

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
Thanks for the help guys. Spoke to Mike (and his wife) this afternoon and ordered the right part.
There's something a little bit more pleasing (when parting with my hard earned cash), knowing that its going to a small family business rather than Amazon or the likes who don't struggle for a bob or two!.

Cheers

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
Got my fuel line, reasonable price and (once I'd rang back and explained the urgency) it was with me the very next day. Cracking service. :You_Rock_

Having used unleaded in the stove for past two years which lights just by showing it a picture of a spark! I've had a few problems with the panel wipe tonight which I'll explain below should someone have the same experience and is searching for a solution.

Primus Omni Fuel Stove - Panel Wipe

Make sure all the connections are tight. The panel wipe must be a lot thinner than unleaded as it has found a few escape routes via connections in the stove which aren't very tight.

The fuel bottle needs a bit more pressure than unleaded to work efficiently.

Although the instructions say different, use the 0.28mm jet (one used for gas), this helps the fuel vapourise a bit quicker.

--------------------

My shed stinks of fumes (due to all the leaks and mopping up of panel wipe) but once I got the hang of the new fuel, it works as well as unleaded (haven't tested the boil times yet) and appears to be as powerful but without the soot coating the stove. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE