Prijon Catalina Sea Kayak

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Daxx

May 11, 2010
South east
Hi Folks,

I have a Prijon Catalina Sea/Touring Kayak which I would like to swap. It has not been used much and is originally purple but looks a bit blue now with age on the underside. I have put on a bit of weight in the last 5 years and its more suitable for the small to medium framed paddler but it is a real joy to play with. All the deck fittings and seating are in good condition. Here is a picture and some of the sales blurb:

BOOT_prijon_Catalina_lila_1.JPG

"The Catalina brings out the best in all smaller framed touring paddlers. Its stability and grace coupled with ample storage space provide the essentials for any touring paddler. This 15' 3" frame with lower deck and Trihedral hull allows this boat to glide, edge and maneuver at your command. The Catalina features our adjustable seat, thighbrace and backbrace for comfortable extended expeditions. Hatches, bow & stern, combine neoprene, polyethylene plastic and quick-release webbing straps for dry, easy use. Deck pack nets organize those small cumbersome items and the well placed deck lines aid in the event of a self-rescue. The ergonomic grabloops make car-topping this lightweight a snap. For both day and or multi-day trips the Catalina is sure to please."

I am going to go for a Canadian boat next to future proof for my weight gain :)

I am open to all offers but am particularily interested in a light weight backpack.

Regards,
Daxx

Last edited:

Daxx

May 11, 2010
South east
Not sure about the trade value, I just want it to go to a good home now that its too small for me, it has given me an awful lot of pleasure and memories to cherish.
I will consider any offer really.

Looking forward to the neck knife, I love the bushtool you did for me, use it all the time now. Rarely touch the Fallkniven, I will keep it just to scare hoodies!!!

Daxx

May 11, 2010
South east
Aye its suitable for paddler up to 80kg beyond that it gets a bit tight and a little top heavy :(

Sadly the voice of experience!

Daxx

May 11, 2010
South east
Very pleased about that Kawasemi and Dougster's friend said it was a great shame but he understood.

See you soon.

By the way the nearly new paddle and spraydeck are to be included.

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
Picked up the Catalina this weekend (and got it home without wrecking the college minibus - a few feet longer than I allowed for! lol!).

Excellent condition, very pleased. It has already been delivered to the college this afternoon ready to go into service.

It was a real pleasure to meet Daxx (and his missus) - absolute gent (enjoy the sacks).

Very many thanks

kawasemi

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE