PowerMonkey Extreme

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Green Knight

May 15, 2012
NW - UK
Hey Folks,

I'm after buying a PowerMonkey Extreme - i'm considering just buying it new for the warranty and i'm aware batteries degrade after some time.

Done some research on other brands but feel this is the right charger for me but i'm always open to suggestions.

If you have one gathering dust and want a good home for it please get in touch.

Regards
GN

Last edited:

Green Knight

May 15, 2012
NW - UK
Hey adestu,

No i hadn't so i checked it out and looks very nice. Thanks for the suggestion.

Decided to go for this instead.http://www.portablepowersupplies.co.uk/8-2w-solar-bundle/

- Charge your gadgets directly from the solar panel.

- Charge the battery pack from the built-in solar panel and external 7W solar charger simultaneously, and later charge your gadgets from the battery pack

Wanted something reasonably lightweight and flexible why i opted for solar panel as lighter than a big battery and potentially more useful if your going wild for over a week.

Like the fact i can tricky charge the battery as i walk (weather depending) and you can also charge the phone directly to solar panel - bypassing the battery altogether - ideal for sunny and lightweight trips.

The battery fits in your pocket so can be more useful day to day. Its all USB which makes life easier (no separate power cable for phone and battery).

I might do a review of this setup once tested in the field a few times.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE