Postal Problem, Help Needed!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 25, 2012
Wolverhampton
Hi peeps!

So basically I ordered a pipe from company called luna pipes, which is based in america somewhere. It's just one guy that does hand made pipes.

So I ordered one back in April, it would take him 4 months till he got round to making mine, which I was fine with. My problem being that it got dispatched over a month ago now and still hasn't arrived. I emailed him and he said he has known pipes to take up to 6 months to get to customers before.

So I could do with some advice really, what do I do? Ask for him to make me another one? Go to the bank to try and sort it? I did pay through paypal so do I go through them? do I just weight? Do I assume it's lost in the post?

Issue also is there's no proof of him posting it and no proof of me not receiving it, so I don't know where I stand.

The pipe was not on tracked delivery either btw.

Any advice would be very much appreciated as I have no idea what to do!

Thanks Brian.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Not a lot else you can do but wait. Too late now to say "should have done this or that" like the proof of postage etc. Has this maker/seller ever been known to fleece people in the past? Does he have a website with testimonials of satisfied customers? Whatever happens I hope it turns out OK for you.

I'm wondering if there's ever a time limit that PayPal will actually refund someone

Apr 25, 2012
Wolverhampton
Not a lot else you can do but wait. Too late now to say "should have done this or that" like the proof of postage etc. Has this maker/seller ever been known to fleece people in the past? Does he have a website with testimonials of satisfied customers? Whatever happens I hope it turns out OK for you.

I'm wondering if there's ever a time limit that PayPal will actually refund someone

He doesn't have any customer reviews as such on his website, but he seems like a decent guy to me, as he's replied and apologized not like hes just fobbed me off and ignored me. My point now is if I wait 6 months then when do I stop waiting till he hopefully sorts me out. Confused! aha

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Was it sent by airmail or overland ?........things can take over a month to reach Europe, ships being slower than planes & all that. :rolleyes:

In any case I think you've just got to wait ..... you could also try to contact ROYAL MAIL or customs to find out if it's held up somewhere,..... customs are inclined to stop things going through & not inform anyone :(

Apr 25, 2012
Wolverhampton
Was it sent by airmail or overland ?........things can take over a month to reach Europe, ships being slower than planes & all that. :rolleyes:

In any case I think you've just got to wait ..... you could also try to contact ROYAL MAIL or customs to find out if it's held up somewhere,..... customs are inclined to stop things going through & not inform anyone :(

That's a good idea, I'll email him and ask which it was by and ring customs just to see. cheers man :)

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Also customs can be funny about some items and hold them as long as they want, I have lost some Tonkin cane like this :(

It might be worth while contacting your local customs office, as I belive that they have a list of addresses where shipments are due to be delivered that are being held for what ever reason, at least that's the advice I have been given by some one in the know.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
given that you have accepted the 4 month waiting time (but he posted it a month ago?) it should be with you by now. 6 months delivery? i think hes having your pants down, go to paypal resolution with all the information you have.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE