Polycotton Smock, Anorak, Parka....how to make them?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
A couple of years ago Stuart f bought a pattern and made one similar to this. It's very good. You could ask him ?

cheers,
Toddy

Kotteman

Tenderfoot
Jun 3, 2009
Östansjö Sweden
Don't know any patterns but Fjälräven and Lundhags has some anoraks and jackets in a poly/cotten blend and they cost between 1000sek and 2000sek (that's about 100 and 200 pound's), I like the Lundhags anorak most because it has more pockets.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
After chatting to Toddy at the '08 Bushmoot, she inspired me to have a go at making a smock. The basic idea is very simple (needed to be as I didn't want to faff about making test pieces and doing loads of unpicking).
What I came up with was in essence this.....
SmockBasic1.jpg

You start with your material - Black lines
You Cut out the red squares
Fold the material along the blue line
Cut a head hole and chest opening - green "T" lines
The Red pieces then go to lengthen the sleves (Brown) and make the under-arm gussets (Dark Blue) and other bits such as hood, collar & pockets etc.

The scary bit was getting the measurements - which came from a whole lot of existing clothing - so it would work over several layers or a Tee shirt and remain just as effective.

It's latest version is this.....
Image0090.jpg

Hood rolls up into the collar and the next modification might be some pockets slaved into the side-seams.

Hope this helps

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE