Pocket Cooker Wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I've got this if you want it, send me your address
DSCF1737Small.jpg

its designed to burn tins of solid alcohol, but I think you could use it for a small fire and it folds flat

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
rik_uk3 said:
I've got this if you want it, send me your address
DSCF1737Small.jpg

its designed to burn tins of solid alcohol, but I think you could use it for a small fire and it folds flat
Rik is that the Hi Gear cooker? I was looking for one of these to use with a tinned cardboard/wax candle - did you buy it from the UK?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Silverback said:
Rik is that the Hi Gear cooker? I was looking for one of these to use with a tinned cardboard/wax candle - did you buy it from the UK?

Much the same thing, its a Sterno stove, you use tins of alcohol wadding which is crap, paint dries faster than you can boil a brew :rolleyes: A Trangia burner works fine in it so you setup would be fine. This one has a new home to go to now or you could have had it. I think it came from the states with some other bits and bobs I got a couple of years ago, can't remember to be honest.

One should convert to a small wood burner without much trouble I would think, you may have to enlarge the hole in the back plate. It does fold flat, and is light enough to carry.

PS, I made a cardboard/candle wax burner in a tuna can, hot little bugger it was too :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE