(Planning) Hadrians Wall

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
I'm planning on a two nighter somewhere along Hadrians Wall during the summer holidays . Would be looking at perhaps 10/12 miles walking per day along the wall with two nights camping ( preferably wild) close by .

We'll be carrying all our kit (will consider a food and water cache or a supply along the way )

I want advice of where to leave cars ( at start point and finish ) , where to start walking , camp sites and decent end point so we can stay as close to a good bit of the wall .

Any advice welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I sometimes go climbing right below the wall on Peel Crag, that and Crag Lough are certainly well worth a visit and there's a nearby campsite as well.
There's even a pub clos(ish) as well.

Its just by the part of the world the director of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves thinks is between the White Cliffs of Dover and Sherwood Forest:confused:
Pics I found on the net.

HW452.1_459182141.jpg

hw447cp_515258837.jpg

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
The part I'm talking about is just by a place called Twice Brewed, I would say its one of the best parts of the wall and the wall is right on top of the geological feature called the Whin Sill.

Its an igneous intrusion and the south face is gently sloping but it drops off as a cliff to the north face, making it a great place to put a wall defending against the Scottish side.

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
The part I'm talking about is just by a place called Twice Brewed, I would say its one of the best parts of the wall and the wall is right on top of the geological feature called the Whin Sill.

Its an igneous intrusion and the south face is gently sloping but it drops off as a cliff to the north face, making it a great place to put a wall defending against the Scottish side.

Thanks Demographic , useful info , that's definitely the area I'm thinking off , will pull the OS map and start looking .

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Its just by the part of the world the director of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves thinks is between the White Cliffs of Dover and Sherwood Forest
No GPS or OS maps in those days so it was possible..........did not say how probable !!!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE