Pheasants.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Try harder Camel, I know sarcasm can be hard but keep at it, you'll get there in the end.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Come on down to Dorset chaps and I'll get us a days shoot to suit a working man's wage.

1. AndyBB
2. Camel
3. Robbi
4. Santaman2000
5. Bushwhacker

Wilderbeast

Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Count me in for some Dorest Downs high pheasants, can we get that on a budget :rolleyes:

That would be a dream come true!!! :cool: no bickering though boys and girls!

1. AndyBB
2. Camel
3. Robbi
4. Santaman2000
5. Bushwhacker
6. Johnnytheboy
7.Wilderbeast

I'm always up for some shooting, depending on dates and details :D

treetop57

Forager
Sep 1, 2012
dumfrieshire
can not belive i'm agreing with southey i get £30 to walk round in my green wellis with my bleck lab for four hours making a funny noise and thay call it beating sounds like walking my dog so i'm game for that
I would honestly say that if you can get to go beating do it, its great fun!

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Do you shoot in your own woods Boatman ?

No, just love being there watching and listening but individually shooting to eat wouldn't bother me if I decided to, just choose not to. I do fish so have no qualms about the act of killing. Last birds I killed were a load of damaged bantams that something had attacked in the night at our old place a few years ago.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I've got 73 acres Robbi. It can be a PITA keeping the fences up and the ponds from bursting the dams. That's why I lease the farming rights out for just over taxes; the farmer leasing it (a grandson of an old family friend) is responsible for upkeep.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Hmmm - I can see a weekend trip from NC to Florida coming up, Santaman:)

(Just joking - last time I drove that I was truly knackered!)

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Must be nice to be a land owner.

Yes it is even though its a very small bit. Unbelievably silent sometimes almost as though the whole wood is listening then the birds start going about their business again especially in Spring and early Summer. Settling itself down for the Winter now.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Okay, feelers out to start with just to gauge seriousness in attending. How does £110 for a days shoot sound? That'll include nibbles beforehand, port, damson gin or whatever along the course and a meal at the end of the day. Shooters and beaters all mix together, no stuffy, serious attitudes. It's a welcoming, working mans shoot with well tendered birds. This is non-commercial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE