Pestle and mortar fun... photo heavy...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

seany boy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2006
Lincolnshire
Hi Jon,
been off-line for a couple of weeks due to a house move, so i'm trying to catch up with everything on here and have just found this thread. Just wanted to say what a fantastic job you've made of the bowl and the cup, i'd love to see the progress shots :cool:

Where'abouts you going in Sweden?

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hi Jon,
been off-line for a couple of weeks due to a house move, so i'm trying to catch up with everything on here and have just found this thread. Just wanted to say what a fantastic job you've made of the bowl and the cup, i'd love to see the progress shots :cool:

Where'abouts you going in Sweden?

Cheers guys......:D
Sean....Will start a new thread on the cup, I have pretty much finished it now..
I am going to the wilds in Sweden, somewhere near gallivare...Abbe's old cabin...

seany boy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2006
Lincolnshire
Cheers guys......:D
Sean....Will start a new thread on the cup, I have pretty much finished it now..
I am going to the wilds in Sweden, somewhere near gallivare...Abbe's old cabin...

Cheers Jon, look forward to that.

The trip sounds great, i'm sure you'll have a fantastic time. I've got a Road map of Sweden you can borrow if need to, PM me if your interested and i'll stick it in the post to you.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Cheers Jon, look forward to that.

The trip sounds great, i'm sure you'll have a fantastic time. I've got a Road map of Sweden you can borrow if need to, PM me if your interested and i'll stick it in the post to you.

Thats good of you, but I think we are ok for maps.....

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Well I got it finished...Cor, it didn't half drink the tung oil, I had to use loads....
Just need to go and get me a load of beech nuts now.....
DSC04242Small.jpg

DSC04244Small.jpg

jon r

Native
Apr 7, 2006
England, midlands
www.jonsbushcraft.com
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

That is the nicest colour of wood i have ever seen!!:35: Bloody fantastic mate! That is one top notch mortar and pestle! Well done mate!

I cant beleive the colour transformation!

:You_Rock_

I cant find any beech nuts this year! i havnt seen one for a few years infact! all the shells are ther but no nut inside! :confused: anyone know why that might be?

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Cheers Jon...That is almost the last of the cherry wood I have...I gave a load to a mate who does up old steam engines to burn.....DOH.... I have a knotty log a half a decent log left.....
It was an ornamental cherry if anyone wants some, but I don't know which....

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thats too nice to use as a mortar Jon - that'd be a posh fruitbowl to anyone else!

Love it - best pictorial in yonks!

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE