permission ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Knock on doors
Dont phone
Be polite
Make sure you know what your talking about
Make sure your insured
Be prepared to be knocked back alot
Dont turn up with your gun or in full camo
You can also try and find out about there land and what they use it for, as a lot of farms now supply supermarkets and dont want there crops damaging by either pests or people shooting there caggages or whatever they grow.
If they have livestock make sure they wont be spooked or injured when your there.
You may also find that there is already someone already has permission on the land.

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Golf courses are good but your time on them is very limited with people playing golf from early morning till sundown.
I know a guy who waited three years to get on my local one.

udamiano

On a new journey
Echo what Jonnyboy said.

and about being prepared to be refused a lot. Farmers usually have lots of friend they know with guns, so they will be a bit offish to start with, especially if they don't know you, It may take you some time to build up a bit of trust, the best way is to go with someone who has already permission to shoot, and build up your reputation like that.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Easiest way is to join your local airgun club, get a reputation as a good shot who is pleasant to be around, and get invited along with someone.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE