People of the South West

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Just spent two weeks with the grand kids in the South West, Longleat Centre parcs, Bristol, Weston Super Mare, Bideford, Clovelly, St Ives, St Austell, lands end, loads of other places, a real good explore. I have rarely visited this area over the years so it was great to explore an area of England I have rarely seen.

What struck me was the friendliness of the people. I can honestly say everyone we came across were great.

So, I know it's not bushcraft and off topic and some may disagree, but Thank you to the friendly people of the South West for a really enjoyable two weeks.

hughlle1

Nomad
Nov 4, 2015
London
We do what we can :) Really depends where you go though. Bristol/Bath and Wells are worlds apart when it comes to friendliness, as are Wells and a village in the middle of Exmoor :)

Weston Super Mare though, was there any reason you visited? :) Not at the top of the places to visit list, has a bit of a reputation for, well, nothing good haha

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Weston I agree has a rep I wanted to see where the, " Cafe" was filmed, we had breakfast, lunch and ice cream, and a great walk on the beach where we met some great people. I can only say as we found. The people were a lot more friendly than they are from my area. My Grandson who is only five and lives in Greece, kept saying how nice people were compared to where he lives. I can only say as we found my daughter who has been abroad for over 15 years was surprised how nice people were.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
The people in and around Exeter are very friendly. When we moved back from the US everyone we spoke to was more than pleased to help out even answering the most mundane and trivial questions. You hear people say that villagers are wary of 'outsiders', well not in Woodbury when we moved in our neighbours both came round and asked if there was anything we needed, a lift to the shops, some food to tide us over etc.

Sadly the people of my home town aren't so friendly, maybe that's why we choose the other side of the country to call home.

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Weston super mare, hmm, i think its rated 2nd highest heroin user concentration in the world, only went once, that was enough

Exeter however is awesome, nice cathedral, good park and ride, and most importantly.....Endicotts. Its almost as if the main high street is a triumpant procession with endicotts as the prize awaiting you at the end.

And near exeteris some nice dartmoor places like fingle bridge

Wells: well I work there but it is a nice micro city, good cathedral

Nov 4, 2016
Bristol, UK
Hi doodz:)
I am wondering if anyone is learning woodworking here? I am aching for broading my knowledge what is not much at the moment. I would like something more comprehensive than a few day course but not a full-time education because I am working.
What do/did you learn could be carried out as a parent?
Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE