PC Processor - what not to do.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
Just thought I'd share my evening with you all.

Did i spend the last 2 hours carving a new spoon? folding tarps and hammocks? sharpening my knife? looking at maps thinking 'I'll camp there one day'?

No I didn't. I noticed quite a bit of dust clogging up the vents on the kitchen pc so i thought i'd give it a spring clean. Apart it came, took fan off processor but the processor came off with it (cement used by Dell as heat transfer) stuck together. As the heatsink let go of the processor quite suddenly i found myself watching my processor as it flew across the kitchen, all in slow motion, and just like the buttered piece of toast it landed pin side down!

Now the processor had about 25 pins across by 25 pins wide which is approx 625 pins. Half of which are now bent!

So to answer my own question, i have spent the evening with the smallest pair of tweeezers i could find, bending 2mm long pins back in to shape! Delightful, i would highly recommend this to anyone who has nothing to doone night !!!!:naughty:

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Just thought I'd share my evening with you all.

Did i spend the last 2 hours carving a new spoon? folding tarps and hammocks? sharpening my knife? looking at maps thinking 'I'll camp there one day'?

No I didn't. I noticed quite a bit of dust clogging up the vents on the kitchen pc so i thought i'd give it a spring clean. Apart it came, took fan off processor but the processor came off with it (cement used by Dell as heat transfer) stuck together. As the heatsink let go of the processor quite suddenly i found myself watching my processor as it flew across the kitchen, all in slow motion, and just like the buttered piece of toast it landed pin side down!

Now the processor had about 25 pins across by 25 pins wide which is approx 625 pins. Half of which are now bent!

So to answer my own question, i have spent the evening with the smallest pair of tweeezers i could find, bending 2mm long pins back in to shape! Delightful, i would highly recommend this to anyone who has nothing to doone night !!!!:naughty:

And I thought it was bad enough with mobile chargers...and the like:rolleyes:

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
You can get a tool specifically for straightening the pins. Makes it much easier..

Yeah, saw one years ago when i used to work with computers and i remember thinking then "why buy one of those? who would be stupid enough to drop a chip, pin side down on a hard floor!!!"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE