Paul Harris 01 steel pecan handled bushie (Mick Spain steel?)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
N

nicklemaus

full.jpgphoto2.jpgphoto4.jpgphoto5.jpgback.jpg

Hello, thank you for reminding me of the forum rules, and apologise to 'materialise' on here with my first posting as 'for sale'. I have an evilbay account 'niklemaus' (profile of my beloved g4 landy) if anyone would like to see my 'reputation' , and i do understand (now!) that whilst i have been a viewer on this site for 5 years, I ought to have had something to say in that time!

With great regret, this old friend and I must part. It has a stunning Pecan Scales, and interesting Mozaic pins.

It was bought by me from evilbay in 2007, and has been with me when fishing, or working at my friends woods. It has been abused a little (back or blade has been used to knock tacks in (hence slight marks - usefully helps with firesteel!)

I have to admit that the steel itself WILL need a little tlc, but having been on the forum (listener not talker!) for some time, I know that my peers will see through the blemishes.

It was 'made' by Paul Harris... I am however aware that Mick Spain provided him a number of blanks, and as it was only 2nd-3rd knife he sold (and subsequently wanted to buy back!), I guess that the scales, sheath (RH) and pins were put together by Paul Harris... The Pecan is in A1 condition and the pins are really solid and match the wood perfectly! It has drawn admiring glances at my friend's annual birthday gathering in Devon from a lot of daddies!

Now to Price..

I don't really know what to ask for... I wont pretend this is the evilbay days where woodie's were going for Silly money, and in KNOW this isn't (apart from Blade quality of course).

I would let it go for £230 sent next day insured ( PayPal acceptable or cheque!)

please fellow crafters - let me know if I am reaching for the stars

Please post any questions, or if allowed, offers of intent here first, or advise me of PM
Regards

Nick Raymond

Last edited by a moderator:

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
Now to Price..

I would let it go for £230 sent next day insured (if paypal is gifted!)

please fellow crafters - let me know if I am reaching for the stars

Regards

Nick Raymond

Nice knife Nick...not really reaching for the stars but you are breaking the selling rules in your first post on the forum! You are not allowed to ask for paypal as a gift (loads of reasons - see the selling rules) and you shouldn't do it secretly by pm either (that is just sneaking around the rules :rolleyes:). You should figure the fees into the cost or be upfront and tell the buyer that they will have to pay the fees if they use paypal. You can of course accept a cheque = no fee problems.

Here is the info...http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81058&highlight=paypal

It will also help your selling if you introduce yourself a bit more as you have joined this merry band wanting to sell quite a high priced item.

Good luck with your sale and welcome to BCUK.

:D

kawasemi

Last edited:
N

nicklemaus

Thank you for your advice kawasemi. In the case of someone PayPal Would reduce price by £20 (in light of my error) and ask buyer PayPal a donation of similar Kin towards this site.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE