Parang finished

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CanRanger

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2004
Canada
home.cogeco.ca
Well the parang is finished it has been busy so i finally got around to putting onthe handle and shaping it.

I also sharpened it since I wanted to see how it performed. It is sharp enough to shave the hair on my arms an I have done chopping on pine, Birch and malberry wood with it.
The handle seemds to work great so far I iwll pla with it more and post some pics.

parangf.jpg

parangf1.jpg

The scales themselves are actually quite contoured and rounded the pics make them look kind of flat because of the lighting. I will have to work on a lighting box.
parangf2.jpg

The nub on the front aloows for the user to comfortable and safely choke up on the blade since I don't favour choils personal prefrence.
parangf3.jpg

Abe

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thats a great looking tool Abe!

Now for me, I'd like one in 2mm with slightly more rounded handle - but thats just personal preference!

I think you may have found a gap in the market - theres no-one making really good custom parags and goloks out there that I know of (Valiant are the nearest but thats stilla factory)

Lovell work and great to see something "different"

Red

Garnett

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
London, UK
That's fantastic! Any other threads on its development?

I love the lines on that thing - definitely need to join the back of any queue on an order list! ;)

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
Too Much Kit To Carry said:
Great looking parang mate :D

When you gonna start taking orders? ;)

Phil.

I think that is a blindin idea if i do say so myself :rolleyes: . Never have i seen a parang look so gawjus :p . When you taking orders ;)

CanRanger

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2004
Canada
home.cogeco.ca
Well I gave it a trial run and it is working very well, many who tried it were very pleased . Well enough that I will be taking orders for it in the next 2 weeks on my webs site as soon as I get it up and running with a link to BushCraft UK. Every parang will be tested before shipped for edge and heat treat but will arrive unblemmished to assure you it is a solid working tool.

Abe

May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
CanRanger said:
Well I gave it a trial run and it is working very well, many who tried it were very pleased . Well enough that I will be taking orders for it in the next 2 weeks on my webs site as soon as I get it up and running with a link to BushCraft UK. Every parang will be tested before shipped for edge and heat treat but will arrive unblemmished to assure you it is a solid working tool.

Abe

Abe... you're in Canada??

Might make shipping easier than I was about to ask about! :lmao:

I'll be pm'ing you this summer (not in the next two weeks though, gotta save cash for trip, and for Kukri).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE