Paramo Aspira Smock - Andy Rouse Moss Green - Thoughts Please?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Windscale

Feb 15, 2017
Windsor, Berkshire
I've had an Aspira smock and a Aspira jacket albeit not the Andy Rouse version. The last time I looked that one was a dark olive type colour with black extras. It had reinforcement on the arms so you didn't knacker the jacket resting on your arms for ages trying to take wildlife photos. I liked both my normal aspira jacket and smock. They both had nice big pockets for O/S maps and means of attaching your odds and sods to them plus plenty of other storage. Plenty of openings for controlling heat etc. - all the usual Paramo benefits. I used mine in the Sierra De Gredos Mountains in Spain in January and also the Cairngorms in winter conditions. I found it was mostly fine on its own with just a merino baselayer (but maybe I run quite hot.) I've used it in the UK up to late spring / early summer before I found it became too hot. It might still be great for longer though if you are mostly static doing photography or some-such when it's easy to get chilly. If I were buying again, I'd buy the jacket rather than the smock because I think having the full length zip gives you more flexibility in terms of temperature control. Unfortunately though I don't think they do the jacket in muted colours which is a shame. The only thing I've found against them is that they are quite bulky to carry if you want to take them off or carry as a "just in-case it rains" item - but's that not really the Paramo modus-operandi anyway.

If you have any specific questions let me know and I'll try and answer them.

Last edited:

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Not the smock but I do have an AR Mountain Vent Pull-On (higher neck than standard) in moss and it still looks all but new 11 years later!

K

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE