Paralympics

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Just wanted to share my wonder at the grit, determination, fantastic efforts and achievements of all the competitors in the Paralympics.

Blind sprinting is incredible, and the blade runners are superb!

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
I echo that sentiment. If you want inspirational stories along with the true meaning of determination and overcoming adversity then every one of the athletes involved embodies that. It's just great to see.

armie

Life Member
Jul 10, 2009
The Netherlands
Also this:
I spoke with two people who had visited London and had been present at a football semifinal.
They had nothing but praise for the whole event and for all volunteers, who were very helpful and friendly.
Our country's chef de mission was very positive about the London Games, and he is a notoriously critical official: when some years ago another city kept blaring about how they had the greatest games ever (when this wasn't so), he told them exactly with typical Dutch bluntness what he thought about that.
Thankyou, London! I just wanted to say this.

Flaxton

Jun 21, 2012
United Kingdom
Luckily I got to see the opening ceremony and have forked out to see the closing too. I had a great experience whilst walking the south downs way when I met Swasie Turner, who lost a leg doing police work. He's crazy in a good way, imagine doing the SDW in a NHS wheelchair! When he got to rutted and tree rooted tracks going up hills he would pull himself up on his bum whilst pulling the wheelchair up after him. I spent a day with him mugging (I mean fundraising) any passers by.

He has raised over £1,000,000 for charity.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Apparently the French are claiming "technological doping" because our wheelchairs are higher-tech than theirs. Got really funny when he said that the poorer countries couldn't afford the £5k or so for a top of the range racing wheelchair. Nice the French seem to think of themselves as part of the third world now:)

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Apparently the French are claiming "technological doping" because our wheelchairs are higher-tech than theirs. Got really funny when he said that the poorer countries couldn't afford the £5k or so for a top of the range racing wheelchair. Nice the French seem to think of themselves as part of the third world now:)
Ghana are competing with 2nd hand wheelchairs donated by the UK. Maybe we could help the French out too. Their economy is worse than many 3rd World countries.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Ghana are competing with 2nd hand wheelchairs donated by the UK. Maybe we could help the French out too. Their economy is worse than many 3rd World countries.

We (the uk) tried to donate high tech wheelchairs to some 3rd world countries but they told us not to as they would be stolen and sold...so we gave them heavy ones instead.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset

I think they also said some of them tested positive for WD40.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE