Paracord, reliable UK supplier?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

paulnb57

Nov 18, 2007
Isle of Wight
I guess all Paracords are not created equal and there are a huge amount of suppliers advertising their wares, can anyone recommend a decent UK mail order supplier please. I will need several colours….

Cheers

Paul

Last edited:

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
It's too late for the OP now, but I'm not so keen on The Bushcraft Store cord lately (not the Mil-C-5040 stuff which only comes in a few colours, but their "US Contractor grade" stuff). I've had quite a few lots that were baggy and flat, making ugly knots. The best stuff I've had recently is from Wild Elk (via Amazon). Quality stuff.

Essexman

Forager
Jul 26, 2010
Essex
It's too late for the OP now, but I'm not so keen on The Bushcraft Store cord lately (not the Mil-C-5040 stuff which only comes in a few colours, but their "US Contractor grade" stuff). I've had quite a few lots that were baggy and flat, making ugly knots. The best stuff I've had recently is from Wild Elk (via Amazon). Quality stuff.

That's the same as I found a few years back, the main problem was one batch would be OK, next lot baggy and no good. Gave up in the end and now use wildelk.co,uk all the time.

Baggy/slack won't matter if you are using it for some bushcraft outdoors stuff, but when making decorative knots for others it needs to look good too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE